To obtain API Key for Google Maps Android API v2 service, you have to create API Project and obtaining your API Key in Google APIs Console.
Create API Project:
- Visit Google APIs Console, you have to login using your Google account.
- Scroll down to check agree and accept to these terms.
- Expend the select on left and select Other projects -> Create...
- Enter the name of your project and click Create project.
- Make sure Service is selected on the left.
- Click to enable Google Maps Android API v2.
- You will be asked to agree and accept the terms of Google Maps/Earth APIs service.
- Your Google Maps Android API v2 services for the project will become ON now.
Obtain an API Key:
- Click API Access and Create New Android Key...
- Enter your SHA1 Certificate fingerprint (refer to the post "Displaying the SHA1 certificate fingerprint") and package name in the box, and click Create.
- Finally, your API Key generated.
A simple example using Google Maps Android API v2, step by step.